Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Capture/ Reflection 8

Yesterday I taught about bridge design. While preparing for what I wanted to teach I debated if I should teach something electrical, since I was an electrician and have lots of experience with it. In the end I decided to teach something new that I didn't know much about. I am glad that I taught on bridge design , it now gives me a start for a lesson that that I might actually use when I start teaching at a school. For the most part I felt that my teaching went well. I practiced teaching to my wife and also practiced my demonstrations of the bridge stress points with her also. I felt like I did fairly well at planning the time. Even though I had 20 minutes, I felt I needed an extra minute or two to finish off completely with my teaching. I think my minutes were off a little bit because I spent more time on pre-questions than I planned on, but I felt like it was needed. I felt like my teaching and demonstrations ran smoothly for the most part. I find that when I teach, if i don't know someones name super well (use it on a daily basis), I seem to blank out their names. I feel a little embarrassed because I know their name, but my mind just goes blank. Overall as a whole I feel l did well, but there is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment