Thursday, September 30, 2010

Capture/ Reflection 4

This week we learned about Lesson plans. After learning about them more I feel like they are pretty important/ helpful. We talked a tiny bit about if we use them teaching at church, which I never thought of before. Usually when I teach I just use the manual as my lesson plan. Now I am thinking it might be a good idea to have a lesson plan that way the young men I teach what the object of the lesson is, and the things we will cover. It will be good for me in the fact that I will have general outline of my lesson. Also after reading the Gong book I feel that the teaching/learning trifecta is so true. After I learn something, I learn it a lot better if I teach it to somebody else. I try to use this method with my four year old and ask him what he learned about at preschool, but he rarely can recall the thing he did a school. I am glad I was using this teaching/ learning trifecta with out even knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment