Thursday, September 16, 2010

Capture/ Reflection 2

I have already learned so much in this class. As we all finished up our "Teaching Something 1", I now a a good list of tips on teaching. Pretest was one of the things. I never thought about it before, but it makes sense. If I pretest the students then I will have an idea of where they are at as far as knowing the material. At that point I can know what I need to put more of an emphasis on and what I don't need to cover as much. Anticipating the problems the students may have is another great tip that I learned. If I think through what questions or problems student might have it not only helps be be able to answer their questions, but I too will have a better understanding of what I will be teaching.

This week we were taught the Primary Categories of Education Psychology and about all the different philosophers. I will have to say that it will be hard for me to remember all of that stuff. I am not good at memorizing things. Even if I have a hard time, I will definitely learn different methods or styles that I can use to be a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment